Valkyrie – Dyeing and Finishing

Dying the dress was a long process, but easy. I started by dying some scraps, experimenting with different fade times and combinations. I settled on 10 seconds per inch for the first 8 inches, then 1 minute per inch thereafter. To keep the bottom half of the dress out of the way I rolled it … Continue reading Valkyrie – Dyeing and Finishing

Advertisements

Holiday Dress 2016

In 2016 I went to my very first company holiday party, so naturally I needed a new dress. The pattern is Butterick 5748, a retro sixties design which I’d had my eye on for a while. The bodice fabric is a remnant of cream taffeta with a black velvet design on it. For the skirt … Continue reading Holiday Dress 2016