My first major sewing projects

In 2005 I made my very first major costume: a green satin colonial dress. It was very much a costume, but I did a lace overlay on the front and managed to put in the zip. I used Simplicity 5041, view D, with lace added to the sleeves. I remember I wanted more flouncy-ness than … Continue reading My first major sewing projects

Advertisements

Renaissance Garb

In 2006 I went to my very first Renaissance Faire, and I made an entire outfit for it. I used Simplicity 8715 for the blouse (view A) and skirts (view B). For the bodice I used Butterick 6196, because I didn’t want the ties on the shoulders. The bodices for both of these patterns have … Continue reading Renaissance Garb